4th BRICS FILM FESTIVAL – CALL FOR FILM SUBMISSION
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) and the Department of Arts and Culture (DAC) invites South African filmmakers to submit their films in the following categories: short films, documentary or feature fiction films to screen at the 4th BRICS Film Festival from the 23rd September -10th October 2019.
South Africa has assumed BRICS rotational chairpersonship for 2018, succeeding the People’s Republic of China. The year 2018 completed the first decade of BRICS Summit. This year’s 4th BRICS edition of the film festival will be organized by the Fluminense Federal University. The film festival will be held at the city of Niterói, Rio de Janeiro at the Centro de Artes UFF and Reserva Cultural from 23rd September to 10th October 2019. The submitted films will be considered in the following categories: Competition, BRICS Classics, School Films, and Animated Shorts. This will form part of the 4th BRICS film festival competition from the 3rd – 10thOctober 2019.
- Films submitted for the competition section must be feature-length films (duration of 90-120 minutes) completed between 2017 and 2019.
- Films should have not been released in Brazilian territory and previously screened in previous BRICS Film Festivals.
- Films submitted may include fiction, documentary, and experimental films, but only those directed by filmmakers who have completed no more than three (3) feature-length films in their careers.
- In the case of international co-productions, the member state must be a major partner in the project for the film to be eligible.
- All films should be submitted in English or English subtitled.
- All films will be submitted to the Film and Publication Board (FPB) for classification.
- To submit films for consideration, the filmmaker/producer must complete the attached registration form and provide a link to an online screener of the film.
- Each member country may submit up to 4 submissions per filmmaker/producer.
- The first selection will be carried out by UFF’s Curatorial Committee, which will select two features to take part in the Competition section, comprising of two best film categories i.e. the Jury Award and the Audience Award.
- Only completed registration forms containing the link to the full feature film will be considered
- All approved submissions will be forwarded to the Festival selection committee for selection.
- Films must be made available for screening not later than 30 July 2019
- The selection committee reserves the right to choose another film in the case the film is not made available by the date stipulated in the previous point.
NB! Non-compliance to the above-mentioned will result in disqualification.
- Full synopsis of the project
- Production year
- Details of key creative team i.e. director, producer and main cast
- High resolution poster (300dpi)
- Trailer / promo
- High resolution production stills
Filmmakers should bear in mind that the NFVF and DAC reserve the right to select the films to be presented at the film festival.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, 14 June 2019. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For project submissions and queries, kindly contact Bonolo Motshabi:
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +27 11 483 0880