Position: Communication Officer
Reporting to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Ref: RECR/CO/001
The Communication Officer role is to coordinate NFVF communication by promoting the South African film industry through communications on various platforms. To support the overall organisation with communications tasks such as articles, editing, releases, and designing of presentations, invitations, and digital images.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Media Studies, Journalism, Communication, and or Public relations
- 3-5 year’s experience in working with communication, media and writing
- Experience in the Film industry an advantage
- Maintain external NFVF communication channels
- Distribute and maintain internal communication
- Track and monitor media reports and coverage
- Manage information
- Design communication material for the marketing of internal and external events
- Conduct administration
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong networking skills
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their abridged curriculum vitae via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax on 086 519 7585 no later than 06 June 2021 quoting a relevant reference number.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
The NFVF is a statutory body mandated by the National Film and Video Foundation Act 73 of 1997 to spearhead the equitable and development of the South African Film and Video Industry. Eligible applicants are invited to apply for internships in the following disciplines:
Areas of Internship:
- Film & Television Producing
- Script Writing
- Graphics Designing
- PR & Publicity
- Marketing and Communications
- Events Management
- Research/Content Planning
- Supply Chain Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Production Administrator
- Training and Development
- Information Technology
Qualification and experience:
- Applicants must be South African citizens with a valid South African ID number;
- Applicants must be in possession of a matric certificate and completed Degree/Diploma from a recognised South African institute;
- Applicants must not have participated in an internship programme;
- Applicants must not have previously had permanent employment;
- Previous work experience such as vacation work is welcome but not required; and
- Applicants must submit copies of their CV and qualifications by email to: email@example.com or by fax to 0862738254 no later than 30 May 2021.
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is a statutory body set up by government to grow and develop the South African Film and Video industry.
The National Film and Video Foundation hereby invites suitable applicants to apply for a 12-month employment opportunity in the following disciplines with strong focus on administration:
- Applications Coordinator
- Events Coordinator
- Finance Coordinator
- Governance Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
- HR Coordinator
- Legal Coordinator
- Marketing Coordinator
- Production & Development Coordinator: Fiction
- Production & Development Coordinator: Non-Fiction
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Training & Development Coordinator
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 1-2 years working experience (internship experience considered)
- Strong administration skills
- Attention to detail
- excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by fax to 0862738254 no later than 12 March 2021 quoting your area of interest on the subject line.
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks from the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful and any further correspondence will be entered with only shortlisted candidates.
click here to see previous vacancies