Temp: Finance Manager
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
To provide accurate financial information and manage financial systems in accordance with generally recognized accounting practices (GRAP).
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Accounting - BCom
- 5-8 years experience in Finance or Accounting
- Public Sector Experience and SCM experience an added advantage
Skills & Knowledge:
- Financial accounting principles and regulations i.e. PFMA, GRAP
- Knowledge of Organisational Legislation, Policy and Procedures
- Compliance Management
- Financial Management
- Planning and Organising skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- People management skills
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial reports for submission to NFVF Council, DAC and Treasury to ensure financial information is reliable, efficient and effective
- Maintain effective financial internal control through a risk assessment workshop, ensuring NFVF has mitigating controls to avert risks identified
- Monitor compliance to ensure that operations are in line with Treasury regulation and PFMA requirements
- Accurately load all payroll payments from the payroll report for payment of salaries to staff
- Manage accounts receivable and payable to ensure funds are received and paid timeously, and to comply with Treasury regulation and budgetary requirements
- Ensure asset management is correctly classified and recorded in line with GRAP standards and Treasury regulations to ensure safeguard of assets
- Manage staff to ensure the finance department delivers on their mandate to the NFVF and all stakeholders
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their abridged curriculum vitae via email to email@example.com fax on 0865197585 by no later than 06 September 2018.
Note: Correspondence will be made only to the shortlisted candidates and no late applications will be considered.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).