THE NATIONAL FILM AND VIDEO FOUNDATION (NFVF) CALL FOR SEDIBA PROGRAMME FACILITATORS
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is an agency of the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture that was created to ensure the equitable growth of South Africa's film and video industry. The NFVF provides funding for the development, production, marketing, and distribution of films and also the training and development of filmmakers. The NFVF commissions research and produces industry statistics that provide both the public and stakeholders with valuable insights into the South African film industry.
The NFVF is looking for scriptwriting c/mentors who will facilitate the SEDIBA "Spark" scriptwriting workshops and mentor emerging scriptwriters over a period of one year.
The NFVF SEDIBA programmes offers training to emerging and experienced filmmakers through the following programmes:
- Scriptwriting Training Programme
- International Financing Programme for Producers
- Directors programme
The SEDIBA programmes embraces best practices of international screenwriting and uses the teachings of international masters of our craft. The Programme runs for five months with workshops taking place over the weekend once a month. The objective of this Programme is to equip writers with tools that will allow them to shape their talent, originality and creativity into screenwriting of an international standard.
ROLE OF THE FACILITATOR
- To deliver the Sediba beginners' screenwriting course programme entitled Spark.
- To review course content and materials regularly and give constructive feedback
- To develop, introduce and deliver new strategies and material for teaching, learning and assessment aimed at creating interest, understanding and enthusiasm among participants.
- To assist in selecting applicants for the Programme.
- To ensure that selected projects are consistent with the policies and objectives of the Foundation and its partners.
- To maintain a rigorous process for quality control in the assessment of participants' work.
- To encourage, foster and develop creative ability and talent and inspire and progress innovative ideas into development strategies.
- To support participants of the Programme, including mentoring and tutorial support.
- To evaluate creative submissions and other programme components, including self-evaluation essays, as required.
- To participate in the design, development, evaluation, approval and delivery of new modules and courses in the programme area at various levels.
- Submit a training report after the final workshop for approval by the NFVF, which should include the progress of each learner.
We are looking for individuals with 2-3 years' experience in facilitating scriptwriting workshops.
OTHER REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Have experience and knowledge in filmmaking Proven track record in storywriting skills
- Good understanding of dramatic structure
- Creativity and imagination.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and networking skills
- Critical skills in the assessment and nurturing of talent
- A developed understanding of the business of film
- Must demonstrate multilingual skills
- An ability to lead a team of people in achieving institutional goals
- Willingness to travel locally and abroad
- Certified ID Copy (Not older than three months)
- Comprehensive CV (highlighting expertise and experience related to the required competencies)
- Tax clearance certificate
Enquiries should be directed to Henry Chauke: 011 483 0880 or email@example.com.
Applications should be forwarded by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 31 July 2020
NB!! Please note that late application will not be considered, and no exceptions will be made.