The NFVF funding applications to attend Markets and Festivals taking place in November 2020 has been extended
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), is pleased to announce that the call for Festivals and Markets Attendance for festivals taking place in November 2020 has been extended.
The grant is to provide financial support for South African filmmakers/practitioners to attend local and international film festivals, forums to promote their film and television products, share their expertise and to promote the South African film industry.
Specific conditions are applicable for each funding category, and it is important for applicants to take careful note of these conditions before submitting an application.
Project support is limited to;
• two (2) international and two (2) local Festival or market per financial year per Applicant; and
• one (1) representative per project per Festival or market.
Individual support is limited to;
• one (1) international and one (1) local Festival or market per financial year
Opening date for submissions: Submission Date: 13 October 2020
Closing date for submissions: Submission Date: 21 October 2020
Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za/
Please take note of the following disclaimers:
1. Tier yourself accordingly
2. Carefully read the definitions of the sub categories before selecting
3. It is advisable that the main applicant applies instead of using a 3rd party to apply on their behalf
4. Only recently certified documents will be accepted. (NOT OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS, WITH A DATED STAMP)
5. Only valid documents will be allowed (NOT EXPIRED)
6. Applications which do not meet compliance will be disqualified
Tier 1: Experienced filmmakers who have a proven track record for developing and producing 3-5 theatrically released feature films.
Tier 2: Filmmakers with limited experience but who have developed and produced 1-2 theatrical feature films, television fiction, documentaries, 2-3 short films and/or commercials seeking to venture into feature film development and production.
Tier 3: New entrants into the industry, particularly recent film school graduates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds. This intervention is geared towards first time filmmakers having a “calling card” in the film industry. This tier is only eligible for short film funding.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.
For any queries regarding applications please contact:Thandekile HlatshwayoApplications OfficerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: 011 483 0880
Manti SekwakwaApplications Officer Email: email@example.comTelephone: 011 483 0880