- Grants available to filmmakers and distributors to promote their product
- Innovative marketing and distribution strategies-particularly in line with NFVF objectives-for animation, digital and other new technologies/media, will be supported.
- Above and below the line Marketing of a project
Marketing and Distribution Funding
Who can apply?
South African independent filmmakers and independent local distributors who have a complete film or TV product.
What are the requirements?
- Completed application form.
- Company profile
- Certified copy of SA ID
- Detailed profile of the applicant
- Certificate of incorporation or company registration documents
- Original tax clearance certificate
- One-page letter of motivation
- 4 DVD copies of the film/or plan for a private screening for members of the evaluation panel.
- Project synopsis
- Business plan showing expected returns on marketing outlay.
- Proven marketing and distribution track record
- A marketing and distribution plan with a clear targeted audience, realistic audience, and a projection
- Proof of copyright ownership
- Clear linkages to other distribution formats and pathways (theatre/video/pay/public TV)
- Marketing and test screening implementation plan with the audience feedback mechanism
- Innovative marketing approaches sensitive to the target market.
- Realistic budget
- Signed distribution agreement.
- Letter from a theatrical exhibitor with a projected initial release date, if applicable
- List of booked or anticipated cities, screens, and dates
Note to IT to add a document for a link in backend – NFVF Funding Policy
Click on the link below to apply for Marketing and Distribution funding