CALL FOR 6th BRICS FILM FESTIVAL FEATURE FILM SUBMISSION
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) and the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture (DSAC) invites South African filmmakers to submit feature fiction films to screen at the BRICS Film Festival in Goa, India. It will be held from the 20th to 28th of November, 2021.
South Africa is a member of BRICS, an acronym coined for its association with five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
Twenty films are scheduled to be screened at the festival with four films from each BRICS member state: All films will be in the main competition with at least 2 – 4 of the cast and crew members of each film representing theirs during the screening. All the festival films are for non-commercial screenings only.
- Films submitted for the competition section must be feature films (duration of 90-120 minutes) completed between 2020 and 2021.
- Films should have not been released in the India territory or previously screened at any BRICS Film Festival.
- Only feature films that have been directed by filmmakers who have completed no more than three (3) feature-length films in their careers.
- In the case of international co-productions, the member state must be a major partner in the project for the film to be eligible.
- All films should be submitted in English or English subtitled.
- Films must have been classified by the Film Publication Board (FPB).
- To submit films for consideration, the filmmaker/producer must send all required documentation and provide a link to an online screener of the film.
- Each member country may submit up to 4 submissions per filmmaker/producer.
- All approved submissions will be forwarded to the festival selection committee for selection.
- Films must be made available for screening not later than 9th of November 2021.
- Full synopsis of the project
- Production year
- Press kit and details of key creative team i.e. director, producer and main cast (film details in the English language)
- High resolution poster (300dpi)
- Trailer (in the .mov/.mp4 formats)
- 5 High resolution production stills
- Director's biography and filmography, and two photographs of the director
- Promotional material
- Downloadable video with English subtitles
- Original language dialogue continuity and a time-coded English subtitles file.
- Film should be in a MP4, MOV, VIMEO Link and DCP (Non-encrypted) format with switch on / switch off English subtitles.
- Film Publication Board certificate
NB! Non-compliance to the above-mentioned will result in disqualification.
- The production of the participating films should be completed no earlier than in 2020.
- Films that have already been part of the BRICS member states festival programs cannot apply again.
- Filmmakers should bear in mind that the NFVF and DSAC reserve the right to select the films to be presented at the film festival.
Deadline for submissions is 9th November 2021. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For project submissions and queries, kindly contact Ms. Stacey Takani
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +27 11 483 0880[Back]