Funding is provided for accredited film training programmes run by training service providers for:
- Training for new entrants to help them launch successful careers through on and off-the-job training.
- Skills programmes for professionals already in the industry to enhance their career development through targeted training and development initiatives.
- Workshops run by professional bodies
- An applicant must be an accredited training provider.
- Applicant must have a partnership with an accredited training service provider or accredited skills development facilitator with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) or relevant body.
- Programmes must address industry skills gaps.
- Quality of the project including:
- The appropriate level of skills and expertise.
- Training objectives identified can be achieved through the proposed activities.
- Training and assessment are set against relevant unit standards where they exist.
- Ability to manage and deliver the project based on previous projects.
- Demonstration of financial sustainability.
- A realistic budget.