The National Film and Video Foundation is an agency of the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture that was created to ensure the equitable growth of South Africa’s film and video industry.
Collaborate with all stakeholders to enable the development and promotion of a transformed, thriving South African Film industry.
An inclusive, diverse, and sustainable audio-visual ecosystem that tells South African stories to local and global audiences.
Integrity, Respect, Equitable, Innovation, Collaborative, Service-Centric, and Professionalism
- Increase the number of South African films and Previously Disadvantaged Individuals (PDIs) producing them
- Increase audience access to South African films
- Increase the number of people trained in the industry in areas of scarce skills
- Promote the South African Film Industry locally and internationally
- Promote social cohesion and local content