- Training is free to selected participants.
- Develops the professional knowledge of the writing talent and concepts over a year to a polished second draft script through various stages of story and script development training.
- Provides teachings about other sectors of the film value chain to understand how they impact the green light decisions for productions and the success of the film with audiences.
- Provides a foundation enabling writers to collaborate and with script editors on their projects.
- Trains script editors
- Scriptwriters who have worked extensively in the industry as a drama series or feature film writer and have a feature film concept that may appeal to the local market and has great potential to travel.
- Trainee script editors who have a relevant tertiary qualification or extensive industry experience OR have experience of writing intellectually challenging and coherent reports, articles and/or essays for a degree programme, newspapers or magazines, a web blog, a creative or professional writing programme.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are indigenous language speakers
Applications will be evaluated on:
- Concept outline and if the feature film project can appeal to the local and international market.
- The potential of the writer to conceptualise and write high concept feature film ideas.
- The scriptwriter must have at least five years of industry experience
The following supporting documentation must be submitted together with an official application form:
- A letter of motivation
- A two-page outline
- CV of applicant
- A copy of the application
- A copy of the applicants SA ID document