SEDIBA Spark Programme:
- No-cost programme embracing best practices of international screenwriting, using the teachings of international masters of our craft.
- Equips feature film writers with tools to allow them to shape their talent, originality, and creativity into screenwriting of an international standard.
- Programme runs for five months with compulsory workshops taking place one weekend a month
- Scriptwriters who have worked in the industry in some capacity and have a feature film concept that may appeal to the local and international market.
- Trainee script editors with a relevant tertiary qualification or extensive experience in the industry OR have experience of writing intellectually challenging and coherent reports, articles and/or essays for a degree programme, newspapers or magazines, a web blog, a creative or professional writing programme.
- Preference to indigenous language speakers
- Applications will be evaluated on:
- Concept outline
- Local and international market appeal
- Potential of the writer to conceptualise and write high concept feature film ideas.
- The following supporting documentation must be submitted together with an official application form”.
- A letter of motivation
- A two-page outline
- CV of applicant
- Copy of the application form.
- Copy of the applicant’s South African ID document