An opportunity to study an undergraduate programme at the Beijing Film Academy
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) , in conjuction with the Department of Arts and Culture is pleased to announce an undergraduate study opportunity at the Beijing Film Academy. Film is an important part of cultural exchange, broadening the international perspective of young film talent, to promote the internationalisation of cinema education, and to seek for the innovation of professional talents training mode. The Beijing Film Academy serves the national overall strategy and launches “The BFA Program for BRICS Film Students and Talents” to promote BRICS countries’ exchange in the field of film education.
This opportunity is available for aspirant filmmakers who wish to study any of the following undergraduate programmes:
- Drama Film and Television (creative planning)
- Drama Film and Television Screenwriting)
- Drama Film directing (Film Directing),
- Film Photography and Production
- Recording Arts (Film Recording)
- Composition and composition Technology and Theory
- Arts and Theory
- Drama Film and Television Art Design
- Drama Directing (Advertising directing)
- Product Design
- New Media Art
- Enviromental Design
- Film Studies (Production and Marketing)
Theater Film and Television (Animation Planning) and Comics
This opportunity is open to all individuals within South Africa who would like to pursue a career in thefilmmaking industry.To take participate in this opprtunity, you are requested to submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Copy of the first page of your passport
- Personal project application form (Link: )
- Matric certificate
- Electronic photo in jgp format (capacity of 100kb or more)
- Individual undergraduate study programme (English)
Criteria for Entry:
- The applicant must be a valid passport holder and of non-Chinese nationality; with good moral character, abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, and with no criminal record.
- The applicant must be in good health. In addition to conforming to “Guiding Opinions of Medical Examination for Admission to General Colleges and Universities” issued by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health, they must also meet the featured requirements of each specialty of the university, such as the applicants are required to have normal hearing, and they shall have no colour blindness and colour weakness.
- Obtained the new HSK five-level or six-level certificate. (is China’s only standardised test of Standard Chinese language proficiency for non-native speakers such as foreign students and overseas Chinese).
- 4. As all majors in this programme are taught in Chinese, applicants must have good communicative ability in Chinese, pass the HSK level 5 or 6, and pass the art undergraduate entrance examination organised by the Beijing Film Academy.
- According to the specialty applied for by the applicant, the Beijing Film Academy has the right to adjust the specialty finally chosen by applicant.
Closing date: 23 February 2018
Contact details: 011 483 0880