Blue Ice Pictures and The National Film and Video Foundation Mentorship Programme call for submissions
Blue Ice Pictures in partnership with The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) will be hosting a four-week mentorship and hands-on training programme for emerging female filmmakers in September 2017.
Blue Ice Pictures is an independent film and television production company based in Toronto with an office in Cape Town. The company’s highly skilled team develops and produces critically acclaimed and commercially viable films, television shows, documentaries, and reality series, with a longstanding involvement in international co-productions and studio production services.
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture that was created to ensure the equitable growth of South Africa’s film and video industry. We do this by providing funding for the development, production, marketing and distribution of films and also the training and development of filmmakers. In addition, the NFVF commissions research and produces industry statistics that provide both the public and stakeholders with valuable insights into the South African film industry.
The two successful candidates will be working closely with a director and producer on the set of Blue Ice Pictures television series production in Toronto. The programme offers accommodation, travel and a stipend whilst in Toronto.
- Applicants must have a minimum experience of 2 – 3 years proven track record in producing / directing a Fiction / Drama (NO DOCUMENTARIES)
- South African citizen or permanent resident and must reside in South Africa
- Previously disadvantaged individuals are encouraged to apply
- Full comprehensive CV
- A short career profile within the film industry
- Certified ID copy
- Certified valid passport
- Must be AVAILABLE for 4-5 uninterrupted weeks whilst based in Toronto
- Incomplete applications will be disqualified
- Only certified documents will be accepted
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a one-on-one interview
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 31 July 2017
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS TO: email@example.com