NATIONAL FILM AND VIDEO FOUNDATION
CALL FOR AUDIT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is a statutory body tasked with spearheading the development of the South African Film and Video industry.
The primary purpose of the NFVF Audit Committee is to assist the Council in fulfilling its oversight responsibility relating to the conduct of the Foundation’s activities, in terms of the National Film and Video Foundation Act and the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), (which includes responsibilities regarding safeguarding of assets, operating effective systems of control and preparing annual financial statements). Consistent with the function, the Audit Committee should encourage continuous improvement of, and should foster adherence to NFVF’s corporate governance and accounting policies, procedures and practices at all levels.
The NFVF is calling for submissions from persons with appropriate background and expertise to assist the NFVF in achieving its objectives.
- Broad Business experience
- Familiarity with risk management identification and evaluation
- An understanding of internal control systems
- Experience of compliance systems
- Familiarity with the PFMA and Treasury Regulations
- An understanding of the role of internal and external auditors
- Familiarity with the fundamental concepts of professional auditing standards
- Relevant and recent financial experience in schedule 3A Public Entities
- The ability to act independently and be pro-active in advising the Council of the NFVF of any concerns
An appropriate honorarium will be paid to committee members for services rendered.
The closing date for submitting applications is 25 May 2017.
PLEASE SEND A 2 PAGE CV STATING RELEVANT EXPERIENCE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org