The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) call for funding applications is open
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), is pleased to announce that the call for cycle 2 funding applications for the 2018/19 financial year is now open for the following funding categories:
- Festival Hosting
- Marketing and Distribution
- Development (feature films, documentaries, short films and TV Formats)
- Production (feature films, short films and documentaries, web series archive and post-production)
- Training Service Provider
Individuals, companies, and organisations may submit funding applications to the NFVF for any of the above funding categories. Specific conditions are applicable for each funding category, and it is important for applicants to take careful note of these conditions before submitting an application.
Opening date for submissions: 3 September 2018
Closing date for submissions: Production and Development: 24 September 2018
Training: 1 October 2018
Marketing and Distribution: 3 October 2018
Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za/xaLogin/NFVF/reglogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdefault.asx
Please take note of the following disclaimers:
- Tier yourself accordingly
- Carefully read the definitions of the sub-categories before selecting
- It is advisable that the main applicant applies instead of using a 3rd party to apply on their behalf
- Only recently certified documents will be accepted. (NOT OLDER THAN 3 MONTHS, WITH A DATED STAMP)
- Only valid documents will be allowed (NOT EXPIRED)
- Applications which do not meet compliance will be disqualified
Tier 1: Experienced filmmakers who have a proven track record for developing and producing 3-5 theatrically released feature films.
Tier 2: Filmmakers with limited experience but who have developed and produced 1-2 theatrical feature films, television fiction, documentaries, 2-3 short films and/or commercials seeking to venture into feature film development and production.
Tier 3: New entrants into the industry, particularly recent film school graduates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds. This intervention is geared towards first-time filmmakers having a “calling card” in the film industry. This tier is only eligible for short film funding.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.
For any queries regarding applications please contact:
Telephone: 011 484 0880
Telephone: 011 484 0880