The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture, was mandated to ensure the equitable growth of the South African film and video industry. The NFVF does this by providing funding for the development, production, marketing and distribution of films and also the training and development of filmmakers.
In addition, the NFVF commissions research and produces industry statistics that provide both the public and stakeholders with valuable insights into the South African film industry.
In fulfilling this mandate, the NFVF would like to invite eligible applicants to apply for International Bursaries in Film and Television Post Graduate Studies.
The NFVF’s bursary programme is aimed at building capacity by upskilling film & TV professionals for global competitiveness through its support of qualifying applicants for overseas studies which are not offered in South African tertiary institutions. The bursary will be awarded for the 2023 academic year and will be capped at R280 000 inclusive of tuition and living expenses.
The applicant must:
- Must apply six (6) months before the course starts.
- Be a South African citizen or permanent SA resident.
- Have a excellent academic record
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance; and
- Be registered at or applied at an accredited overseas tertiary institution for full-time studies, postgraduate audio-visual programme (course must commence in January 2023)
- Funding will only be considered for courses that are not available in South Africa.
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed motivation stating why the applicant must be awarded a bursary together with all the supporting documents as indicated in the online application form.
- Failure to provide all requested information will lead to automatic disqualification of the application.
- No late applications will be considered.
- Should there be a change of contact details the onus is on the applicant to notify NFVF.
- For further information, please consult the NFVF Funding Policy available on a link below.
How to apply
Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za
Deadline for applications: 31 August 2022 at 23h59 CAT.
Failure to submit all the mandatory requirements will result in an automatic disqualification.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.
For any queries regarding applications please contact:
Telephone: 011 483 0880
Telephone: 011 483 0880