The NFVF, an agency of the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture has released the call for applicants to submit for marketing and distribution (Cycle 3 FY 2022/23).
Opening date for submissions: 15 September 2022
Closing date for submissions: 10 October 2022
Individuals, companies, and organisations may submit funding applications to the NFVF for marketing and distribution. It is important for applicants to take careful note of the funding conditions before applying.
Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za/
Please take note of the following disclaimers:
- Tier yourself accordingly.
- Carefully read the definitions of the subcategories before selecting.
- It is advisable that the main applicant applies instead of using a 3rd party to apply on their behalf.
- Only recently certified documents will be accepted.
- Only valid documents will be allowed (NOT EXPIRED)
- Applications that do not meet compliance will be disqualified.
- We do not take application documents after the closing date and time of the application.
- Ensure that you click the submit button and receive the confirmation email for your application submission from the system, If the confirmation email is not received, it means that application did not go through. This should be communicated with the NFVF within the submission period, unfortunately the NFVF will not assist with this query after the closing date of the call.
Eligibility: Marketing and Distribution
Tier 1: Experienced filmmakers who have a proven track record for developing and producing at least three successful and commercially viable Feature Films, TV Films, or Documentaries.
Tier 2: Filmmakers with limited experience, must have developed and produced; one or two Feature Films, TV Films or Documentaries, or two or three Short Films and/or Commercials.
Tier 3: Not applicable for Marketing and Distribution funding
- Independent South African filmmakers and distributors.
- Funding is only available for Feature Films and TV formats.
Documentation and Information Required:
- A Synopsis, including detailed information about the format and genre.
- A one to two – page letter of motivation. Pointing out what is unique about the film and any projected success the film may potentially have.
- A document detailing the proposed target audience including demographics and psychographics.
- A distribution plan, detailing how and where is the film going to be distributed, including but not limited to details of the broadcasters and streaming platforms, a timeline with release dates across platforms, territories, cities, theatres and screens and documentation from any theatrical exhibitor that confirms a projected initial release date.
- A signed letter of intent from the distributor.
- A detailed sales, distribution and marketing strategy.
- A detailed marketing plan and budget.
- An Audience Development Strategy.
- A comprehensive Distribution / Exhibition Plan.
- Copies of any existing articles or clippings about the project.
- A detailed timeline, showing the projected return on investment for the NFVF.
- Film Publication Board Certificate
- An updated CV for the Applicant.
- Detailed profiles or CVs of the key creatives.
- Company profile.
- Certified copy of the applicant’s Identity document (certified within six months at the date of application).
- The company’s registration document (if applying through a production company).
- A bank account confirmation letter (Dated withing three (3) months at the date of application).
- The BBBEE certificate or the BBBEE affidavit, signed by a commissioner of Oaths (if applying through a production company).
- The company’s tax clearance or tax compliance pin document (if applying through a production company).
- The chain of title documentation for the project.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.
For any queries regarding applications please contact Application officers:
Telephone: 011 483 0880