FRANCE – SOUTH AFRICA CO-PRODUCTION WORKSHOP
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) and the National Centre for Cinema (CNC) of France, in conjunction with the French Embassy in South Africa, are organising a 2 day co-production workshop between the two countries, which will be held in Paris the week of 27 March 2017.
This workshop is part of the on-going collaboration between these institutions to strengthen the cooperation in the film industry between France and South Africa, and to encourage co-productions within the framework of the co-production treaty existing between the two countries.
This is the second such workshop hosted by these institutions. The first one was held in Durban, South Africa, in 2012.
For more information about the treaty, kindly view the following link: https://www.nfvf.co.za/home/22/files/Treatie_SA_France.pdf
The workshop that will be organised in Paris specifically aims to create a platform for South African filmmakers/producers with developed feature film projects to meet with their fellow French producers, and find potential partners with a view to co-produce their projects.
In order to be considered for the co-production workshop organised in Paris, a project must meet all of the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- Application is for feature-length film projects only (80 minutes minimum).
- Project must have a director and producer attached to it.
- Film producers and directors are either citizens or permanent residents of South Africa.
- Previous industry experience is required. The director and producer must have experience in their respective role (no less than one feature-film for the producer, at least 2 shorts for the director).
- The project must be fully developed and relevant for the French/European market
How to Apply?
Send your complete application in English by email to: email@example.com
To be considered, applications must include the following:
- Covering letter
- Director’s treatment
- Full script
- Director and producer’s profiles.
- Tentative budget
- Finance plan
The closing date for applications is 15 December 2016. Selections will be made according to the above criteria and successful applicants will be notified by the 31st January 2017.
Transport and accommodation costs of selected participants will be covered by NFVF (One participant per project).
CLICK BELOW TO UPLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM: