JETS – The Film Initiative that takes you beyond
Round 5 Call for Entry 2020
Deadline: 10th December 2020
JETS stands for Junior Entertainment Talent Slate and unites 1st, 2nd and 3rd feature film filmmakers with South African, Canadian, German, Irish,Norwegian, British and US producers, sales agents, finance and distributioncompanies during a pitching session with the aim of Co-Production during theInternational Film Festival Berlin 2021 (venue to be announced at later date). 20 – 24 projects from emerging filmmakers will be selected for the JETS Initiative.
The JETS Co-Production Initiative organised by WEP Productions & JETSFilmverleih & Vertrieb (Distribution) is funded and supported by Telefilm Canada,nordmedia, NFVF South Africa, HessenFilm & Medien, Screen Ireland,Filminvest Norway.
Conditions of Participation
1. Projects can be submitted by a producer/director team from the followingcountries: South Africa, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Norway and UK. Theproducer/director team must be in their first 6 years of their film/TV career.An exception can be granted to the Producer: She/he can have up to 10years experience in the film business and/or has only produced a maximumof two feature length films.
2. All projects submitted must be fictional films that are still in thedevelopment or financing stage. Completed films will be not accepted. Allprojects must have a duration of 80 minutes or more.
3. Producers/directors wanting to participate in the JETS Initiative must sendan email to email@example.com with the heading “JETS 2021 + name ofsubmitting person and country” including supporting materials (see page 3)by the 10th of December 2020.
4. Each producer/director team must ensure to supply save links of previouswork i.e. short films, commercials, 1st or 2nd feature film (in case yousupply a project that should be considered as your 3rd feature filmproduction).
5. If the script should not be in the English language, the filmmakers mustsupply a three page treatment in English.
6. The total Co-Production budget for one project may range from € 300,000to € 3,000,000. The maximum budget for a 1st feature film project shouldpreferably not exceed € 1,000,000.
7. Only projects with complete information can be considered for the preselectionprocess.
Materials to be submitted via email
Must be included:
a. Producer/Director CV’s and contact details (Name, Address, Phone number, email)
b. Any other creative crew members attached
c. Web links to previous work from the Producer and Director
d. Statement if it is 1st, 2nd or 3rd feature film project
e. Advanced Script Draft of story submitted
f. Treatment (3 pages), if script is not written in the English language
g. A detailed Synopsis
h. Cast Propositions / Letter of Intends (if available)
i. A basic production and marketing plan
j. Budget calculation (estimate)
Additional Material if applicable:
k. Financing Plan
l. Any third party partners involved?
m. Any other relevant supporting material
• All materials must be submitted in English. If the original script is not in the English language, athree pages treatment in English must be supplied. All participants must be aware that they haveto translate/rewrite their script in the English language, if their project should fall under the fourselected ones by the Jury.
• All materials have to be numerical assigned and clearly labelled. If all materials aresubmitted in one pdf document, please ensure that you include a table of content
1. The 20-24 projects with high potentiality of development and realisation willbe selected by WEP Productions.
2. WEP Productions has the right to include projects by invitation.
3. All projects submitted will be treated confidential. Once a project isselected, the filmmakers agree to allow WEP Productions to publicise theparticipation of their project and its representatives at the JETS event onany platform or media where appropriate.
4. The selected projects will be published on the website www.wepfilms.comin the news section by the 6th of January 2021 and the filmmakers will becontacted by email.
5. Once your project has been selected you must confirm your attendancelatest via email by the 14th of January 2021. If you fail to do so you will benot able to attend the JETS Initiative as we will select a runner up projectinstead.
6. The materials of the selected 20 – 24 projects will be send out to aparticipating industry Jury of 10 members who will be able to have aninsight of each project before the actual event.
7. Each accepted producer/director team has to make a 5 minutes film projectpitch to the jury members and other participating peers on the event day.
8. Each producer/director team will receive a summary of each acceptedproject for the JETS Initiative. Each team will preselect three otherparticipating teams as potential Co-Production partners for an exchangetalk (15-20 minutes) monitored by one or two jury members on the day.
9. Each producer/director team will receive feedback on their project by thejury members.
10. The 10 Jury members will decide at the end of the day which 6-10 filmprojects are best to be pursued and considered for possible financing/funding.
I. Participants of the JETS Event must pay for travel, accommodation and ifwished for their accreditation with Berlinale or the EFM themselves.
II. A small reimbursement of €150 for each team person will be paid out on theday of attendance.
III. Please be aware that English will be the main language of communicationand all participants should have a good to excellent command of theEnglish language.
IV. As part of the JETS 2021 Initiative you are cordially invited to attend thebreakfast networking event on Wednesday the 17th of February 2021 whereyou can continue project discussions with other participating filmmakers.(venue to be announced at later date)
GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation)
We are letting you know that your information is safe with us and we will notforward or share any of your informations except as described in the additional points below. Your personal data (email and/or name, contactnumber) will only be used for the purposes of the JETS programme and thewider network of the JETS Initiative to ensure collaborations and coproductionsbetween filmmakers and professionals of the film & TV industry.
1. We need to share your personal and project data with the selected JETSjury members, other participating filmmakers and for internal projectevaluations. By applying to the JETS Initiative you give us automaticallyyour consent for doing this.
2. We use your data for statistical purposes in relation to the JETSprogramme only, as we need to supply them to our funders and partners.
3. We will use your name and any information related to your project (e.g.company name and project title) to reveal you as participant and possiblewinner of the JETS Initiative for marketing purposes in all media,specifically on the funders’ and our own website.
4. Regarding our social media announcements we will restrict your data toonly project title and first name.
5. As part of our JETS network we will send you from time to time areminder of our JETS events and other relevant partner events.
6. If for some reason you do not wish to receive further information aboutour or partner network events after you participated at the JETS Initiative,please inform us per email so that we can opt you out.
Further important notice
Every project and filmmaker team participating at JETS must take note to endcredit JETS in the THANK YOU SECTION as supported by the JuniorEntertainment Talent Slate (JETS Initiative) when going into production