National Film and Video Foundation, Annecy International Animation Film Festival and Market Competition
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is pleased to announce its programme, in association with the Annecy International Animation Film Festival and Market in France, to promote and nurture emerging talent in the field of animation.
The programme consists of leading a delegation of animation content creators to attend the Annecy International Animation Film Festival and Market where the delegates will participate in activities to expose them to this sector of the film industry.
Activities will include pitching workshops, pitching sessions, master classes and workshops on the business of animation.
To this end, the National Film and Video Foundation is awarding two students an opportunity to participate in a competition that aims to promote animation as a career within South Africa. We are looking for two individuals who are passionate about animation and are able to conceptualise original and authentic drawings with the aim of creating animation content.
This competition is open to all previously disadvantaged NFVF funded students within South Africa pursuing animation as a career at an accredited tertiary institution.
To participate in this competition, interested students are requested to submit one work of art as well as a summary/description of your artwork via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. by 23 May 2017 .
Winners will be selected based on:
- Originality and authenticity of the art work.
- The description/story behind the drawing.
- A motivation letter stating why they have chosen animation as a career and what they hope to gain from the experience.
The prize includes travel to and from France, accommodation, visa application and registration to the festival from the 12th – 17 June 2017.
Criteria for entry:
- 1. Applicant must be final year student.
- 2. Applicants must be registered at the accredited tertiary institution.
- 3. Applicant must hold a South African passport document (must be a citizen or permanent resident)
- 4. Applicant must be from a Previously Disadvantaged background
Closing date: 23 May 2017
Contact details: 011 483 0880