The National Film and Video Foundation as part of its development funding process, utilizes the services of script editors to guide writers through the development process.
The NFVF would like to put out a call to SCRIPT EDITORS with the aim of expanding our database, enable more diversity and representation of indigenous languages in the development of scripts.
Script editors are required to work with writers, be the liaison between writer and/or producer and the production & development department. The script editor will assess and develop scripts, conduct one-to-one editorial meetings, and give regular feedback on progress for each stage of the deliverables as per the NFVF’s development contract. These deliverables will include, but are not limited to:
- Major Turning Point document
- Step Outline
- Script drafts
- Format Bibles (in the case of television format development funding)
- Series Bibles (in the case of television concept development funding)
- Research report
- Creative Treatment
Categories funded that require the services of a script editor are:
- Feature length narrative fiction
- Feature length animated fiction
- Television concepts
- Television formats
- Feature length Documentary
- Shorts films- documentary
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in script editing for either television or feature films that have been produced and exhibited.
- Traceable references for the above experience.
- Completion of a script editing course is preferred.
- Content Research (traceable references).
- Experience as a Commissioning Editor.
Compulsory Compliance Documents
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with film and television industry experience
- Tax clearance certificate
- Certified ID copy (no older than 3 months)
1. Incomplete applications will be disqualified
2. Only certified documents will be accepted
3. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
4. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged applicants.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 21 August 2017
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org