NATIONAL FILM AND VIDEO FOUNDATION SPEED DATING SESSION AT THE DURBAN FILMMART 2017
The session specifically aims to create a platform for South African producers with developed feature film projects to meet with local and international producers, distributors and programmers as well as local and international funding agencies and find potential partners with a view to pitching their projects for either production or sales.
In order to be considered for the speed dating session, a project must meet all of the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- Application is for feature length film projects only – fiction and non fiction – (80 minutes minimum)
- Projects must have a director and producer attached to it.
- Film Producers and directors are either citizens or permanent residents of South Africa.
- Previous industry experience is required. The director and produce must have experience in their respective roles with no less than one feature film for the producer and at least 2 short films for the director (Tier 2 filmmakers)
- The project must be fully developed and relevant for the local and international markets.
To apply, send your complete application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include the following:
– Covering letter
– Synopsis of project
– Director’s treatment
– Full script
– Director and Producer profiles
– Tentative budget
– Finance Plan
Closing date for applications is the 7th of July 2017. Selections will be made according to the above criteria and successful applicants will be notified by the 10th of July 2017.
Flights and accommodation to Durban for one participant per project will be covered by the NFVF.