NFVF announces the approved production company for animation and documentary slates.
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) released a call for Animation Slate to the value of R7.5m over a period of 3 years. The slate is targeted at Tier 2 Production Companies with an aim of cultivating sustainability and viability.
Tier 2 production companies are defined in the NFVF Funding Policy as “Filmmakers with limited experience in the film industry, but who have developed and produced 1or 2 feature length films, television fiction and/or, 2 or 3 documentary short films seeking to venture into feature film or documentary development and production”.
The awarded production company is:
- Shimane Applegreen
- Sthembiso Mphehle
- Kearatwa Sedidi
Over the period of 3 years Digital Characters must deliver polished pitch material for one television series and one feature film.
– Pitch bibles for a minimum of 3 concepts including a complete literary and visual bible and sell sheet.
– Pitch bibles for a minimum of 2 concepts including a script, synopsis and concept art.
– Literary and visual bible and sell sheet and a 2-minute teaser/pilot for green lit concept.
– Final script, character and set design for green lit concept and a 20 minute animatic.
– 7 or 15-minute pilot, final revised pitch bible, sell sheet, literary and visual bible.
For Feature film:
– Final pitch bible with final script, character and a set design, 80 or 90 minute animatic.
The slate is valued at R7.5 million over 3 years allocated as follows:
- R3 000 000.00 – for development of a minimum of 3 television concepts and 2 feature film concepts with a 25% cap for overheads.
- R4 500 000.00 – for pilot production of 1 television concept and 1 feature film concept.
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) released a call for proposals for a Documentary Slate to the value of R4.5m over a period of 3 years. The slate is targeted at Tier 2 Production Companies with an aim of cultivating sustainability and viability.
The awarded production company for documentary is Tshedza Media:
- Millicent Mulaudzi
Over the period of 3 years Tshedza Media must develop a minimum of 9 projects of which 3 must be produced into a feature length documentary.
- Year 1: Develop a minimum of six scripted documentaries
- Year 2: Develop a minimum of three documentaries and produce two feature length documentaries
- Year 3: Produce one feature length documentary
The slate is valued at R4.5 million over 3 years allocated as follows:
- R1 500 000.00 – for development of a minimum of 9 projects with a 25% cap for overheads.
- R3 000 000.00 – for production of 3 feature length documentaries at R1 000 000.00 each.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org