The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is pleased to announce that the call for training provider submissions is now open. This funding aims to award grants to accredited training companies that are interested in:
- Assisting new entrants to the film industry in launching successful careers through on-job and off-job training
- Providing skills development programmes for professionals already in the film industry to enhance their career development.
- Facilitating short courses/workshops for professionals in the film industry.
The NFVF is looking for submissions in the fields identified as scarce skills in the “State of Skills in the South African Film Industry Research” conducted in 2016. The scarce programmes can be found on this link: NFVF Skills Audit Report.
- Applicants and participants must be South African citizens.
- The curriculum offered must be SETA or Department of Higher Education accredited.
- The curriculum must indicate the intended target audience, relevant industry skills and the delivery method.
- Preference will be given to service providers offering training in underserviced province/s
- The trainers must have a proven track record and the ability to deliver on the proposed programmes.
- 51% black-owned and managed companies
- Complete online application form
- Detailed budget with a finance plan if the amount exceeds R350 000 CAP amount (including the list of additional investors and their planned contributions to the project). An overhead budget should not exceed 10% of the total budget.
- Financial Plan (including other sources of income)
- Information on other confirmed sources of finance and letters of support
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate or Tax Clearance Status Pin Document (must be valid for one year) (OF A COMPANY IF APPLYING AS A COMPANY OR OF AN APPLICANT IF APPLYING AS AN INDIVIDUAL)
- BBBEE Certificate or the BBBEE Affidavit, signed by a Commissioner of Oaths (OF A COMPANY, NOT OLDER THAN 1 YEAR)
- Full or provisional accreditation from MICT Seta or the Department of Higher Education
- Proof of success rate of past training initiatives
- CV of an applicant and of tutors and proof of appointment to teach.
- Course curriculum
- Training outcomes
- Learner selection criteria
- List of trainees anticipated competencies.
- Details of practical training while on the course
- Details of post programme support
- Assessment and evaluation criteria
- Certified ID Copy of an applicant (Certified within six months at the date of application)
- Company registration documents (IF APPLYING AS A COMPANY)
Applications will not be considered if:
- The application form is incomplete or wrong information is provided.
- Supporting documents are missing or not certified.
- Applications OR documents sent via email will not be considered.
Opening date for submissions: 01 March 2023
Closing date for submissions: 31 March 2023 at 17h00
Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za
For more information on what the National Film and Video Foundation funds, please use the following link to view the funding policy: https://goo.gl/2xsCzc
For any queries regarding applications, please contact:
Telephone: 011 483 0880
Telephone: 011 483 0880