The NFVF funding applications to attend virtual markets and festivals taking place in June 2020 are open.
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), is pleased to announce that the call for Virtual Festivals and Markets Attendance is now open for festivals taking place in June 2020. These festivals include the Cannes International Film Festival and Annecy/MIFA.
Individuals may submit funding applications to the NFVF for any of the above funding categories. Specific conditions are applicable for each funding category, and applicants need to take careful note of these conditions before applying.
Opening date for submissions: Submission Date: 19 May 2020
Closing date for submissions: Submission Date: 26 May 2020
Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za/
Please take note of the following disclaimers:
- The festival attendance grant will only cover festival registration, data and other relevant items.
- Tier yourself accordingly
- Carefully read the definitions of the sub-categories before selecting
- It is advisable that the main applicant applies instead of using a 3rd party to apply on their behalf
- Only certified documents will be accepted. (NOT OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS, WITH A DATED STAMP)
- Only valid documents will be allowed (NOT EXPIRED)
- Applications which do not meet compliance will be disqualified
Tier 1: Experienced filmmakers who have a proven track record for developing and producing 3-5 theatrically released feature films.
Tier 2: Filmmakers with limited experience but who have developed and produced 1-2 theatrical feature films, television fiction, documentaries, 2-3 short films and/or commercials seeking to venture into feature film development and production.
Tier 3: New entrants into the industry, particularly recent film school graduates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds. This intervention is geared towards first time filmmakers having a “calling card” in the film industry. This tier is only eligible for short film funding.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.
For any queries regarding applications please contact: