The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is an agency of the Department of Sports, Arts, and Culture that was mandated to spearhead the equitable growth of South Africa’s film and video industry.
The NFVF is looking for industry experts who would like to serve as members of the advisory panel for grant funding adjudication in accordance with the NFVF Act, 73 of 1997. The advisory panel members will fulfil a statutory role to advise the NFVF council and management on the merits of grant applications and any matters relating to the South African film, television, electronic media, training or any other related field.
Advisory members shall be nominated by any member of the public and nominations from other individuals or groups are also invited. We are looking for individuals who have the knowledge and extensive experience in the film sector. Appointed members of the advisory panel shall hold office for a period not exceeding two years. It is imperative that advisory panel members are able to read and evaluate projects submitted in one of the eleven official languages, besides English (list below).
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS:
Persons eligible for nomination must be suitably qualified and have a proven track record in the film, television, audio-visual and/or electronic media, as well as relevant experience.
Advisory panel members will be expected to assist the NFVF council and management with recommending grant allocation for Production and Development projects.
- Nominees must have an understanding of the Film, Television and Electronic Media Sector;
- OR have special knowledge and Experience in the Fields of Television and Film Making;
- OR have special knowledge in Grant Allocation processes;
- OR have proven experience in the Film / Television / Audio-Visual / Marketing skills;
- OR know about Broadcast Technology
- OR have experience in Education and Training in the Film and Television and marketing skills
- OR have experience in Education and Training
- Good understanding of the grant funding process and relevant policies.
- OR film and TV financial accounting
- Must be able to read applications in one of the below languages:
- Northern Sotho
SELECTION OR APPOINTMENT OF ADVISORY PANELS:
- Letters of nomination should clearly describe the candidate’s specific expertise and qualifications related to the criteria above.
- Nomination materials should include:
- a letter from the nominee indicating a willingness to serve for at least two years,
- a brief statement of the nominee’s qualifications,
- a current curriculum vitae,
- a motivation letter of why they are the most suitable candidate to serve on the panel and an indication of which language(s) they can read fluently of the 10/11 above-listed South African official languages.
Nominations should be forwarded by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 7 October 2022, at 17h00
NB!! Please note that late nominations will not be considered and no exceptions will be made.