The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) calls for nominations for individuals to serve as members in the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme Advisory Panel
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), an agency of the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture, is seeking individuals to serve on the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP) Advisory Panel in Accordance with the NFVF Act, 73 of 1997.
The Advisory Panel members will fulfil the statutory role of advising and recommending projects for the PESP grant based on the merits of the applications received. The Advisory Panel members will advise on any matters relating to the four funding streams:
- Stream 1: Production
- Stream 2: Skills Development
- Stream 3: Industry (distribution); and
- Stream 4: Business Recovery
Members can be nominated by any member of the public and individuals are also encouraged to nominate themselves. Nominees who will enhance the diversity of the advisory panel are particularly encouraged to apply.
Advisory panels shall consist of no more than five persons who have achieved a distinction or have special knowledge and experience in the fields of Production, Skills Development, marketing and distribution and Business Recovery, particularly in the film industry.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS:
Persons eligible for nomination must be competent, suitably qualified and have proven experience in the listed within the South African Film, Television, and Audio-Visual and/or Digital Media spheres.
- Nominees must have an understanding of the Film, Television and Digital Media Sector;
- They must have knowledge and experience in the field of Traditional and Digital Marketing, production; skills development; and business recovery;
- OR have special knowledge in Grant Allocation processes
SELECTION OR APPOINTMENT OF ADVISORY PANELS:
- Letters of nomination should clearly describe the candidate’s specific expertise and qualifications related to the criteria above.
- Nomination material must include a letter from the nominee indicating a willingness to serve, a brief statement of the nominee’s qualifications, a bio, and a full Curriculum Vitae.
Nominations should be forwarded by e-mail to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 2nd December 2020
NB: Please note that late nominations will not be considered, and no exceptions will be made.