NATIONAL FILM AND VIDEO FOUNDATION BRINGS YOU THE 2nd EDITION OF “THE ROAD TO ANNECY” PITCHING SESSION AT CAPE TOWN INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION FESTIVAL
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) in partnership with MIFA brings you the second edition of “The Road to Annecy” pitching session that will be taking place at the Cape Town International Animation Film Festival (CTIAF) from the 8th – 10th March 2019.
The session specifically aims to create a platform for South African producers to pitch their projects that are in development or production to potential investors, producers, distributors, and programmers as well as international funding agencies for either production or sales.
Last year, the NFVF launched the first ever, “Road to Annecy” pitching competition in partnership with MIFA which was well received and a favourite of the festival. The prize included an all-expenses-paid trip to the Annecy Animated International Film festival which was won by Craig Parker for the project, “Sicko”.
- The application is open for animated short and feature films only.
- Production projects must have a director and producer attached to it.
- Applicants MUST be citizens or permanent residents of South Africa.
- Experience in the animation industry is a key requirement. Applicant must have experience in their respective roles with no less than one feature film for the producer and at least 2 short films for the director.
- The call is targeted at Tier 2 filmmakers:
This is defined in the NFVF Funding Policy as “Filmmakers with limited experience in the film industry, but who have developed and produced 1-2 feature-length films, television fiction and/or, 2-3 documentary short films seeking to venture into a feature film or documentary development and production”.
- 1-page cover letter
- Synopsis of project
- Director’s treatment
- Story Boards
- Character Bible
- Director and Producer profiles
- Tentative budget
- Finance Plan
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- BBBEE Certificate
- Certified ID copy (valid for 3 months)
- Company registration documents
Failure to submit the abovementioned key and compulsory documentation will render the application incomplete and therefore disqualified.
Closing date for applications is the 28th of February 2019. Selections will be made according to the above criteria and successful applicants will be notified by the 5th of March 2019.
The NFVF will cover the cost of travel expenses to Cape Town, accommodation, transport and per diem for one participant per project.
To apply, send your complete application by email to email@example.com