2 September 2016: The National Film and Video Foundation, an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture provides film and video-related funding in the broad categories of Education and Training; Development, Production and Marketing and Distribution.
The NFVF is pleased to announce that the call for Cycle 2 is now open for all the funding categories; Education and Training; Development (of feature films, documentaries and TV Concepts); Production (of feature films and documentaries) and Marketing and Distribution.
Individuals, companies and organisations may submit funding applications to the NFVF in any of these funding categories. Specific conditions are applicable in each funding category, and it is important for applicants to take careful note of these conditions before submitting an application.
The NFVF calls for applicants for the following areas of funding:
- Training Provider
- Market and Film Festival attendance
- Film Festival Grant
- Marketing and Distribution
- Production and Development
Opening date for submission – 2nd September 17H00
Closing date for submission – 7th October 17H00
Please note there will be no funding allocated to Tier 1 Productions.
NB! Please note that all funds for tier 1 fiction production have been allocated in cycle 1. All tier 1 fiction application for production all categories will not be considered.
We do not have the closing date for Festival attendance application as it’s ongoing.
To ensure smooth application process, the NFVF has introduced an online application portal for the industry.
Application forms can be accessed from the NFVF website or on the following link:
- Failure to provide all requested information will lead to automatic disqualification of the application.
- No e-mail submissions will be accepted.
- No late applications will be considered.
Should there be a change of contact details the onus is on the applicant to notify NFVF.
Applicants will be advised of the decision in writing following funding approval meetings.
- Approved applicants will be published on the NFVF website.
- No applications shall be returned to the applicant.
- Do not submit any extra material, e.g. videos, photographs, etc. (unless requested).
- Applicant can insert a link to his/her project.
- Should the applicant or recipient not be contactable for 2 months at the given address or contact number from the date of receipt of a grant. The grant will be cancelled.
- NFVF bursaries are only available to South African citizens, applicants with permanent residency or those with refugee status.
- For further information, please consult the NFVF Funding Policy available on a link below.
- For any queries, please contact Thandekile Sishange at email@example.com, Tel: 011 483 0880