The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), call for Marketing and Distribution and Festival Hosting is open
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), an agency of the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture has released the call for applicants to submit for
1) Marketing and Distribution (Cycle 4)
2) Festival Hosting (Cycle 1) for Festivals happening from May 2021.
Opening date for submissions: 12 January 2021
Closing date for submissions: 29 January 2021
Individuals, companies, and organisations may submit funding applications to the NFVF for any of the above funding categories. Specific conditions are applicable for each funding category, and it is important for applicants to take careful note of these conditions before submitting an application.
Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za/
Please take note of the following disclaimers:
- Tier yourself accordingly
- Carefully read the definitions of the sub categories before selecting
- It is advisable that the main applicant applies instead of using a 3rd party to apply on their behalf.
- Only recently certified documents will be accepted. (NOT OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS, WITH A DATED STAMP)
- Only valid documents will be allowed (NOT EXPIRED)
- Applications that do not meet compliance will be disqualified.
Eligibility: Marketing and Distribution
Tier 1: Experienced Filmmakers who have a proven track record for developing and producing at least three successful and commercially viable Feature Films, TV Films, or Documentaries.
Tier 2: Filmmakers with limited experience, must have developed and produced; one or two Feature Films, TV Films or Documentaries, or two or three Short Films and/or Commercials.
Tier 3: Is not eligible for Marketing and Distribution Funding
- Independent South African filmmakers and distributors
- Funding is only available for Feature Films and TV formats
Eligibility: Festival Hosting
Tier 1: Established Film Festivals
A festival in this tier should ideally have been in operation for more than ten (10) years, and be able to show that they attract funding from multiple sources.
Tier 2: Intermediate Film Festivals has been in operation for more than five (5) years and less than ten (10) years
Tier 3: Emerging Film Festivals has been in operation for more than two (2) years and less than five (5) years
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.
For any queries regarding applications please contact:
Or Manti Sekwakwa
Telephone: 011 483 0880