The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) Council calls for nominations for individuals to serve as members in the Marketing and Distribution Advisory Panel
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), an agency of the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture, is seeking individuals to serve on the Marketing and Distribution Advisory Panel in accordance with the NFVF Act, 73 of 1997.
The Advisory Panel members will fulfil the statutory role of advising and recommending projects for grants to the NFVF Council based on the merits of applications. The Advisory Panel members will advise on any matters relating to the South African Film/Television /Digital Media or any other related field to which the Council deems essential.
Members can be nominated by any member of the public and individuals are also encouraged to nominate themselves. Nominees who will enhance the diversity of the advisory panel are particularly encouraged to apply.
Advisory panels shall consist of no more than five persons who have achieved a distinction or have special knowledge and experience in the fields of Marketing and Distribution, particularly in the film industry. A member of an advisory panel shall hold office for a period not exceeding two years and may be appointed on the same or different panel after the two years has elapsed.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS:
Persons eligible for nomination must be competent, suitably qualified and have proven experience in the disciplines of Traditional and Digital Marketing, as well Distribution of content within the South African Film, Television, and Audio-Visual and/or Digital Media spheres.
Advisory Panel members will be expected to assist the NFVF Council with recommending grant allocation for:
- Marketing and Distribution of film, TV and/or audio-visual projects
- Nominees must have an understanding of the Film, Television and Digital Media Sector;
- They must have knowledge and experience in the field of Traditional and Digital Marketing;
- They must have knowledge and experience in the field of Distribution of content;
- OR have special knowledge in Grant Allocation processes;
- OR have knowledge of Broadcast Technology.
SELECTION OR APPOINTMENT OF ADVISORY PANELS:
- Letters of nomination should clearly describe the candidate’s specific expertise and qualifications related to the criteria above.
- Nomination material must include a letter from the nominee indicating a willingness to serve for at least two years, a brief statement of the nominee’s qualifications, a bio, and a full Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified ID copy
Nominations should be forwarded by e-mail to email@example.com
Closing Date: 24 July 2020
NB!! Please note that late nominations will not be considered and no exceptions will be made.