TRAINING OPPORTUNITY FOR ASPIRANT SCRIPTWRITERS
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) and Department of Culture, Arts and Traditional Affairs (CATA), are offering part-time training opportunity to individuals who wish to train as scriptwriters in the film and television arena. The successful candidates will go through an intensive SEDIBA “Spark” Screenwriting Training Programme where they will be provided with the screenwriting tools to develop engaging stories that have the potential to be feature films. This part-time training programme will run for 5 months, comprising of one workshop per month held during weekends, with final course deliverables to be sent in by participants one month after the last workshop. Workshops will be in the North West province (Rustenburg). Selected participants will have to attend all five workshops of which dates will be communicated in due course
The programme will be at no cost to selected participants
- Relevant tertiary qualification or some experience in the film and television industry
- One page synopsis of your idea for a film
- Motivational letter to include what inspired your idea, why you would like to be in the film and television industry and what your future career path is.
- A comprehensive CV
- Broad knowledge of current trends in contemporary fiction, theatrical films, and TV Drama
- A creative imagination
- Excellent computer skills
- Good negotiation skills
Deadline for applications is Friday 22 June 2018.
Enquiries should be directed to Kebapetse Setlhaleho: 018 388 2793 or firstname.lastname@example.org Please email your entire application to email@example.com or hand deliver to: 760 Dr James Moroka Drive Gaabomotho Building Mmabatho or to your nearest service point or district office.
NB: Late or faxed applications will not be considered