Appointment of members to serve on the audit and risk committee
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified persons to serve on the Audit and Risk Committee of the National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) in terms of Section 76 and 77 of the Public Finance Management Act, Act No 1 of 1999 as amended and read together with Chapter 3 of Treasury Regulations.
- Graduate in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management or Information Technology
- CA (SA), CIA or CIMA will be an added advantage
- A qualification in ICT will be an added advantage
- A qualification in Law will be an added advantage
- 5 years management experience in one or more of the following fields; Accounting, Auditing and Risk Management, ICT and legal
- 5 years management experience in dealing with Governance, Compliance and Risk Management
- Experience serving in governance structures such as the Audit and Risk Committee or Board will be an added advantage
Competence and Attributes:
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal relations
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and Treasury Regulations, and other relevant legislation/policies, e.g. GRAP, National Treasury Instructions and Practice Notes
- Knowledge of IT governance will be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of the roles of Internal and External Auditors
- Knowledge of the audio-video industry will be an advantage
The Audit and Risk Committee is an advisory committee charged with fulfilling oversight responsibilities concerning governance, risk management, and internal control matters to assist the NFVF to achieve its strategic goals and objectives. The roles and responsibilities of the Audit and Risk Committee and consequently its members, are clearly outlined in the Audit and Risk Committee Charter and are in line with the provisions of Chapter 3 of the Treasury Regulations and King IV Report. The Audit and Risk Committee will meet at least four times a year; however, special meetings may be held.
Term of Office:
The term of the Audit and Risk Committee will be aligned with the term of the NFVF Council which is determined by the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture.
The appointed members of the Audit and Risk Committee will be remunerated as per the Treasury Regulations 20.2.2 and 20.2.1.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their abridged curriculum vitae via email to email@example.com or fax on 086 519 7585 no later than 13 September 2020.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).