Position: Audit Committee Member
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified persons to serve on the Audit Committee of the National Film and Video Foundation in terms of Section 76 and 77 of the Public Finance Management Act, Act No 1 of 1999 as amended read together with Chapter 3 of Treasury Regulations.
- Post Graduate in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management or CA (SA), CIA, CIMA / Post Graduate degree in Information Technology / Qualified Attorney or Lawyer
- MBA or MCom will be an added advantage
- Masters in ICT will be added advantage
- Masters in Law will be added advantage
- 5 years management experince in the following fields; Accountung, Auditing and Risk Management
- 5 years management experience in the legal field and dealing with Governance, Compliance and Risk Management
- 3 years experience serving in governance structures like Audit Committee or Board is required
Competence and Attributes:
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal relations
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and Treasury Regulations, and other relevant legislation/policies, e.g. GRAP, National Treasury Instructions and Practice Notes
- Knowledge and understanding of the roles of Internal and External Auditors
The Audit Committee is an advisory committee charged with fulfilling oversight responsibilities with regard to governance, risk management, and internal control matters to assist the department to achieve its strategic goals and objectives. The roles and responsibilities of the Audit Committee and consequently its members are clearly outlined in the Audit Committee Charter and are in line with the provisions of Chapter 3 of Treasury Regulations. Regulations and King IV Report. The Audit Committee will meet at least four times a year, however, special meetings may be held.
The non-official members of the Audit Committee are remunerated in accordance with Treasury Regulations 20.2.2 and 20.2.1 for official members willing to serve on the Audit Committee.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their abridged curriculum vitae via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax on 086 519 7585 no later than 13 October 2019.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority