Position : Independent Executive Producer – South African Film & Television Awards (SAFTAs)
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Duration : 6-12 Month Contract
Job Ref : RECR/EP 001
The Executive Producer for the South African Film and Television Awards will take full responsibility for the execution of the SAFTAs. This will include both the logistical and creative aspects of all the elements that are involved. They will be required to represent the interests of the NFVF at all levels of the value chain, and will have to work with and guide all stakeholders through the project and production process, culminating in a live world-class awards event.
- Planning and execution of the entire awards project, including but not limited to logistics and creative aspects.
- Establishment of a NFVF SAFTAs strategy document that lays out guidelines and operating procedures, with responsibilities, deliverables and timeframes for all involved in the execution of the NFVF SAFTAs project.
- Oversee and manage all SAFTAs Stakeholders in conjunction with the office of the NFVF CEO, as well as the NFVF’s SAFTAs working team.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Manager in advising on supplier procurement processes (i.e. Tenders) as they pertain to the SAFTAs and manage all Service Providers once selected and approved by SCM processes.
- Liaise with the NFVF SAFTAs team on the Judging Process with the aim of managing time-lines and sticking to project management deadlines.
- Oversee the planning and execution of the Staging and Broadcast of the event.
- Working in conjunction with the internal Marketing and Communications team, as well as the appointed external PR company, oversee the planning and execution of the Publicity and Marketing of the event.
- Oversee the Budget for the project and ensure that the budget is strictly adhered to by all departments.
- Work with the legal department / COO office to ensure all Contracting and Insurances are in place.
- Coordinate with the NFVF Finance department in respect of Sponsorship and Financial controls.
- Oversee ROI for Sponsors and Partners.
- Coordinate with Distributors, Broadcasters and Streaming services in respect of live (and recorded) distribution of footage of the awards (Includes licensing, sales and co-ordinating sponsorship).
- Oversee and ensure that all Service Providers, departments, stakeholders and staff adhere to agreed realistic frameworks and timelines for the entire project.
- Weekly reporting on the status of the project to the NFVF CEO which will include but not be limited to, a Risk Assessment, the status of all Contracts, Stakeholders and Service Providers.
- Compilation of a report for the NFVF Council (with the NFVF CEO) for all scheduled Council meetings.
- Complete a production risk assessment and stay abreast of all safety responsibilities.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10-15 years relevant experience in live events and outside broadcast, especially big budget award shows, entertainment shows and competitions.
- At least three recognised credits as a Producer (Producer, Series Producer or Executive Producer) on an Award show or other entertainment show which was broadcast live to air, had a duration of at least 90 minutes and a budget in excess of R50 000.00 per minute.
- Extensive knowledge of the film and television production industry.
- A proven track record of managing diverse stakeholders.
- Proven leadership skills;
- Problems solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong people management skills;
- Decision making skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Financial acumen;
- Persuasiveness and analytical thinking;
- Leading high performance teams;
- Editorial Judgement.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their abridged curriculum vitae via email to email@example.com or fax on 086 519 7585 no later than 23 August 2020 quoting a relevant reference number.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority