Cape Town International Film Market and Festival
Submissions for the 10th Anniversary of the Cape Town International Film Market & Festival October 12 – 21 2017, opened on June 1st, 2017
As the premiere venue in South Africa for launching new and Independent cinema and an important showcase for international films entering the South Africa, as well as local independent and documentary cinema, the Festival seeks the latest works by debut, emerging and veteran filmmakers. The Festival seeks top-quality films in all genres for various competition and non-competition categories, including features, documentaries, shorts, and animation stories.
The Festival only accepts submissions via FilmFreeway and FilmFestivalLife and their respective Secure Online Screener systems, no submissions on DVDs will be accepted.
For all categories unless otherwise noted:
- World premiere must have occurred no earlier than February 1st, 2016
- CTIFMF has a minimum South African premiere requirement for feature films. Thus, we will not screen features that have played at other South African festivals or had any prior public screening promoted to the general public or publicly ticketed. This does not include a screening for cast & crew members.
- We prefer World, South African and African premieres and all things being equal, will sometimes opt to program the film that has not yet had a release over one that has played at several festivals.
- Feature films (60 minutes and longer) must not have been or be scheduled for public consumption through any form of public broadcast (including internet) or commercial theatrical engagement in South Africa prior to October 12th, 2017.
- Short films available on the internet for public consumption will be considered for the official selection in non-competitive categories only
- Exhibition format must be DCP or Bluray.
For more information click on the link below: